Summertime can be especially difficult for our furry family members. With the heat becoming unbearable, it's important to keep our canine companions cool and comfortable. I know how important your four-legged family members are to you, so here are five fun things you can do for your pup to help beat the heat this summer:
1. Take a dip: Swimming is one of the best ways for your pup to stay cool during the hot summer months. Taking your pup to a lake or pool (as long as it’s safe and approved by your veterinarian) can be part of a fun afternoon outdoors.
2. Frozen Treats: Make your own doggie ice cubes with stock made from beef, chicken, or vegetable broth. All you need is an ice cube tray and some tasty broth. You can also make homemade pup popsicles with stock and diced fruit or veggies.
3. Cool walks: Morning or early night walks can provide some relief from the heat. Stick to shady areas and avoid the time of day when the sun is at its hottest, such as midafternoon hours.
4. Set up a cool spot: If your pup isn't a fan of water, setting up a cool spot inside or outside can help keep your pup cool. Place a few ice cubes in the spot, so your pup can lie on them to get relief from the heat.
5. Accessorize: Investing in a doggie cooling vest or a cooling mat can help keep your pup cool and comfy. The vests and mats help absorb heat, regulate your pup’s body temperature, and keep them cool.
Summer can be a challenging time for all of us, not least our canine companions. However, with five fun things to do for your dog, you can make sure both of you enjoy the season! You'll be giving your pup great exercise, mental stimulation, and plenty of water to keep them cool. Plus, your home will be much happier with a contented puppy. What's more, with the help of a trusted real estate agent, you can select the perfect home for you and your family - and your pooch - to stay cool in all summer long.